The wedding is over but your life together has just begun. But before you go back to life’s reality, you are still entitled to a romantic getaway, also known as the “honeymoon” where you can have fun, relax, and enjoy yourselves. To help make your honeymoon a perfect one, here are 12 essential items to keep in mind.
- Perfect destination – A perfect honeymoon needs a perfect destination. Take your pick among the top honeymoon destinations all over the world: Aruba, Barbados, France, Italy, Thailand, Seychelles, Mauritius, Bahamas, Bora Bora, Hawaii, and so many more. Choose according to your preferences and budget.
- Trip itinerary – A trip calls for some planning and it is not any different with honeymoons. Even if you want to simply “go with the flow,” you may still need to organize some things like hotel bookings, vehicle rentals, and so on.
- Guidebook and Map – A guidebook can let in you some secrets of the place you choose to head off. It would be great to know where the best attractions are, where the best cuisines are located, and how to speak some local words (if you are in a foreign land). A good old map helps you find your way.
- Travel documents – You literally cannot leave home without these: airline tickets, passport, visa, identification cards, and vaccination certificates (where applicable).
- Money, money, money – Take a sufficient amount of cash but bring also with you credit cards and traveler’s checks. You do not want to be stuck in a foreign place with no money, right?
- Clothes and personal items – Packing clothes and personal items can be quite tricky. Bring a lot and you will exceed allowed weight for luggage. Bring a little and you will find yourself at loss for clothes by the middle of the vacation. Making a packing checklist will help prevent these scenarios. Bring only the basics. Bring travel-sized items to save space. Some items that should be on your list include clothes, shoes, toothbrush, deodorant, cosmetics, toothpaste, comb, razors, and so on.
- In case of emergency – Prescription medicines (in original bottles), phone numbers of doctors, medical insurance, insect repellent, sunscreen, band-aids, aspirin, antacid, antihistamine, diarrhea medicine, motion sickness medicine are just some of the things that should be found in your first aid kit.
- For keepsakes – Make sure you have every memory etched by bringing a reliable digital still camera (for endless shots) and a video camera. Do not forget to bring spare batteries and/or a battery charger.
- Things to leave behind – Before you leave the house, leave these items to family and friends: your itinerary and hotel phone numbers, photocopies of passport, credit cards, and traveler’s check receipts, sealed copy of wills, life insurance policy numbers, and important financial information.
- Electronics/gadgets – Some of the things you need include cellular phone, GPS, MP3 player, and electrical converter/adapter.
- Useful items – You may also find it handy to have items like a Swiss army knife, compact umbrella, rain poncho, and a small backpack.
- Romantic stuff – Of course, do not forget the romantic items that would make this honeymoon trip unforgettable. Bring some scented candles, massage kit, sexy lingerie, romantic tunes, and romantic DVDs.
This trip is something that you would remember for the rest of your lives. After all, this is your first trip together as husband and wife. Make sure that everything goes smoothly by ensuring all these honeymoon accessories are well taken care of.